Statement of Faith and Vision
Statement of Faith:
The Word of God
We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original writings, complete as a revelation of God's will for salvation and the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
(2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-21).
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each person is fully God, sharing the same nature and attributes.
(Gen. 1:26; Deut. 6:4; Mt. 3:16-17, 28:19)
God The Father
We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, hears and answers prayer, and saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.
(Jn. 16:23-27; Gal. 4:4-6; Eph. 1:3, 17-23)
God The Son
We believe that Jesus Christ is God's eternal Son. He is true God and true man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We also believe in His sinless life, His substitutionary atonement, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into Heaven, His priestly intercession on behalf of God's people and His personal, visible, Pretribulational and Premillenial return from Heaven.
(Mt. 1:18,23; Lk. 24:1-8; Jn. 1:1,14; Acts 1:11; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; 1Thess. 4:13-18; Heb. 4:14-16, 7:24-25; 1 Jn. 2:1; Rev. 19-20)
God The Holy Spirit
We believe the Holy Spirit is a person and is fully God. He regenerates, baptizes into the Body of Christ, indwells every believer, guides and empowers believers, and gives gifts to all believers to be used in ministry so that the Church functions properly.
(Mt. 28:19; Jn. 3:5, 16:13; Acts. 1:8, 5:3-4; 1 Cor. 6:11,19, 12:4-13; Eph. 3:16; 4:11-16)
We believe God created man, male and female, in His image and free from sin. We further believe that man, because of His fall in Adam, is a sinner by nature and choice and is thus spiritually dead in his trespasses and sins and is in need of salvation.
(Gen. 1:26, 27; 2:7-3:19; Rom. 3:23; 5:12-21; 6:23)
We believe in salvation by grace alone through faith alone and in the Lord Jesus Christ. We further believe that this salvation is based upon the sovereign grace of God, was purchased by Christ on the cross, and is received by man through simple, childlike faith apart from any human merit, works, or ritual. Salvation results in righteous living and good works.
(John 1:12; 3:3-7; 5:24; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 Tim. 2:5)
Healing and Deliverance
We believe that God heals from disease and sickness both directly and through His people. We further believe that Christians can and do have demons and that God is still in the delivering-from-demons business (being THE CHILDREN'S BREAD) and that He does it both sovereignly and directly as well as through His people in ministry and service to one another.
(Mk. 7:27; 16:17-19)
We believe that the church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the head. The true church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. This body expresses itself in local assemblies whose members have been baptized upon a credible confession of faith and have associated themselves for worship, instruction, evangelism, healing, deliverance and service. The ordinances of the local church are believer's water baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper (Communion). We also believe in the interdependence of local churches and the mutual submission of believers to one another in agape - love.
(Mt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; 2:41-47; Eph. 5:21; Col. 1:18; Heb. 10:24-25)
The Separation of Church And State
We believe that each local church is self-governing in function and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. We further believe that every human being is directly responsible to God in matters of faith and life.
(Mt. 22:21; Rom. 13:1; 1 Tim. 2:1-6)
We believe that the supreme task of every believer is to glorify God in his/her life. The believer should live blamelessly before the world, be a faithful steward of his possessions and seek to realize the full stature of maturity in Jesus Christ.
(1 Cor. 10:31; Col. 1:28; 1 Tim. 6:6-9; 1 Peter 1:14,15)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost, the eternal conscious existence of all men either in Heaven or Hell, and in Divine judgments, rewards and punishments.
(John 5:29; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 15:51-58; 2 Cor. 5:6-10; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 2 John 8; Rev. 19,20)
Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, the he may run that readeth it.
Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie; though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. (KJV)
- Evangelizing the Lost: Our primary mission is to reach the lost "Fisher of Men" (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20).
- Making disciples: Mature believers being mentors of new converts to become strong believers.
- Leaders: Leaders from the body are to be taught and raised up for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-14).
- Train Deliverance Teams to set the captive free (Luke 4:18, Mark 16:14-18).
- Targeting Youth: God has called both the young and old to carry the Gospel to its generation and the youth must be taught and used in the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:17).
- Pilgrims' Helping Hands: Benevolently helping those in need (Matthew 25:42-45).
- Worship and Praise unto God through corporate worship, music seminars, special music services, dance and drama (Psalms 149:3, Psalms 150:4).
- Pilgrims' of Advanced Biblical Knowledge: Biblical training for both ministers and lay members for the work of the ministry (2 Timothy 2:25, John 5:39).
- Training and seminars on finances, entrepreneurship: Biblical and social training to help people find their place in life and business success. (Proverbs 22:29)
- Community and Health Outreach: Seminars and teachings dealing with the health and well being of the total man. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
- Apostolically Planting Churches: To aid and send forth pastors and ministers to start new works for the furtherance of the Gospel. (Acts 1:8)
- Spreading the Gospel through media and publication.
- Women of Excellence: Women's outreach with services, prophetic teams.
- Men's ministry to reach souls and support church body needs.
PRAYER FOR SALVATION
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouththe Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him fromthe dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth untorighteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
"Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner.
I believe in my heart you are the Son of Godwho died on the cross for my sins and that you were raised from the dead.
Thank you for paying the price for my sins.
Forgive me and make me a new person.
Cleanse me of my sins with your blood, washme in the water of your Word, and come into my heart.
I commit my life to you today and I receiveyou as my Lord, as my Saviour, and as my High Priest.
I pray this prayer to God, The FatherAlmighty, in the name of Christ Jesus.